JTW Connect have extensive experience providing technical and accounting analysis and expert testimony to support litigation and arbitration proceedings in the USA and mainland Europe as well as the UK.
The nature of our involvements are confidential. By way of example, historical, concluded assignments where JTW Connect personnel have submitted expert advice and testimony ;
- Expert witness roles on behalf of a US reinsurer heavily involved in the PA / occupational accident/ workers compensation market scandals.
- Arbitration concerning the adequacy of a London Market agencies’ claims and accounting records and the state of knowledge between various parties involved.
- Litigation concerning the adequacy of a London Market company’s claims and accounting records as proof to support its reinsurance recoveries.
- Potential litigation concerning programme structure and underwriting issues arising out of a London Market underwriting agency.
- Arbitration concerning the adequacy of a London Market company’s books and records and historical claims procedures.
- Arbitration involving the adequacy of a Bermuda company’s books and records and administrative procedures.
- Potential litigation by Lloyd’s Names involving the operation of a Lloyd’s syndicate’s ” LMX ” accounts
- Litigation requiring the forensic reconstruction of accounts and the consequent state of knowledge of two London Market companies.
- Litigation involving the statistical bases for renewal representations made by a Lloyd’s syndicate to its reinsurers.
- Litigation concerning the duty of care of a broker in administering a contractors’ all risks binding authority.
- Litigation concerning liability of reinsurers under a bloodstock binding authority.